There’s no getting around the changing seasons in Mechanicsville, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the forefront of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the ideal time to think about annual furnace service as well, but probably not in the way that you had thought before.
Energy savings comes in many shapes and forms, to include:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners only associate furnace service with swapping out filters, but having a tune-up performed can help your system run more smoothly, providing you with efficient comfort that may help you save on your monthly heating expenses.
- Take It Down A Notch. Altering the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees could help you save consistently during the year. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to run as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy bills.
- Filters. Another simple fix that most every homeowner can handle on their own, switching furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not hard to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to use caulk and weatherstripping to close those annoying holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your M & S Heating & Air LLC expert comes by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are an upgrade. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping decrease your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list complete, but there are a few simple ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures dip in Mechanicsville. Whether you’re calling to arrange annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is ideal for your system, give the experts at M & S Heating & Air LLC a call at 301-363-4699 to start saving a little more today.