Summer is upon us! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To optimize your comfort and actually relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Mechanicsville is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While M & S Heating & Air LLC constantly recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning over the summer.
- First, another chance to cite the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter routinely! Replace the filter per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold season. Running your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s operations. cut the grass, remove any debris and clear away overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. Be sure to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it open and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These simple steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you would like to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call M & S Heating & Air LLC in Mechanicsville at 301-363-4699 today.