Having standard air conditioning service performed at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Mechanicsville season, have the experts at M & S Heating & Air LLC conduct your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a usual air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of unlawfully freeing it to the air.
- Look for proper airflow in the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Look for the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it frequently. We recommend taking a look at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call M & S Heating & Air LLC today at 301-363-4699.