During the colder Mechanicsville months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it happens, a simple call to M & S Heating & Air LLC will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should watch for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call M & S Heating & Air LLC as soon as possible if you observe any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is too small for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your energy bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from M & S Heating & Air LLC can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and our team can help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call M & S Heating & Air LLC at 301-363-4699 or book an appointment with us online.