In Mechanicsville you rely on your furnace
to keep you comfortable throughout the chilly time of year. If it’s been a while since you had a regular maintenance appointment for your heat pump
, you could be looking at a furnace fix-up
visit in the near future. As a minimum, you could have a dirty air filter, which can block air flow and effect your furnace’s efficiency. It could even create issues with your furnace’s threshold switch, which works furnace operation.
There are many other reasons you may need a furnace repair. We’ve collected some signs for you to scan for. The sooner you can call for a heat pump repair, the better. Call in a pro, like M & S Heating & Air LLC, if you see any of these indicators:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it operating enough? Is it running all the time? Is the air blowing through as liberally as it should, or does it seem feeble? Indications related to your blower could suggest a slight problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you turning up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still chilly? This could be a issue with your thermostat. It might be that your furnace is too undersized for your home. It may even be a issue with your gas source or your pilot light, amid other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts working noisily or generating noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be a problem.
- You smell gas. You absolutely don’t want to interfere with this one. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace at once and shut down its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or switching on lights until your HVAC technician or your gas company checks it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Many times this is a blocked condensation line. This could need both plumbing and HVAC pros to repair.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is climbing, but your usage is not, there could be a variation of complications. Your HVAC expert will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these symptoms, you’ll know when you need to setup furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call M & S Heating & Air LLC at 301-363-4699 when you need to setup repairs or annual maintenance.