As springtime begins, you might be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Mechanicsville? Particularly if your cooling system is recently installed or was working good last summer.
Here’s one method to think about it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to schedule any maintenance for it, such as getting new oil or buying new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioning. It’s a piece of equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can end up with leaks and its moving components can break down.
Having your unit inspected yearly by a M & S Heating & Air LLC professional can help locate little problems before they lead to major breakdowns. (And cause your AC to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is placed outside your home, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a pro to take care of delicate internal components.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate within your system can force it to work harder and restrict airflow. Both these problems can cause increased energy consumption—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could extend your system’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and might even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy expenses and over the years, as you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps pinpoint little troubles before they become big, costly issues. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will keenly look at components and complete a set of air conditioning performance tests. These detailed processes often allow us to find issues before they lead to large issues that cause a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your equipment is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is set to deliver worry-free cooling. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the smartest ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this maintenance, your system is at risk for advanced meltdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC maintenance should include an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll check the subsequent areas and pieces:
- Full system state
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the jobs we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Today with M & S Heating & Air LLC
Today is the best time to request your AC maintenance! Give our M & S Heating & Air LLC pros a shout at 301-363-4699 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, be sure to check our exclusive offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.