With warmer temperatures right around the corner, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at top efficiency, it can trim a large amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could significantly heighten your expenses and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your M & S Heating & Air LLC expert complete air conditioning service
at least yearly is crucial to keeping your system operating efficiently for a while. He or she can ensure the unit is running properly and can identify potential issues prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during cooler months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might harm your system and leave you needing large repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area by your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they may obstruct airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any piece of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or replaced during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them every month and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has it’s own needs when talking about air filter replacement, relying on factors like owning house pets or doing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also ensure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you have a cozy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer offers. Give the pros at M & S Heating & Air LLC a call at 301-363-4699.